Busser Primary Job Responsibilities
• Ensure guests are seated at clean, sanitized, and properly set tables.
• Monitor cleanliness and sanitation of restrooms and outside perimeter of the building.
• Clean, maintain, and restock bus area for start and next day shifts with a “close to open” mentality.
• Empty trash and sweep the restaurant, bar, and outside seating areas.
• Offer assistance to guests by clearing dishes and glassware. Reset tables.
• Clean and sanitize throughout the shift.
• Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and take prompt corrective action where necessary.
• Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objective of positions. Work to the restaurant’s sense of urgency.
• Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative working atmosphere, which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency.
• Able to lift and carry cases and bus tubs of up to 70lbs up to 20 times per shift.
• Work in both indoor and outdoor conditions.
• Walk or stand most of 6 – 8 hour shift.
• Able to reach, bend, stoop, and perform cleaning duties.
• Must be able to clearly communicate guests’ needs to other employees (servers, hostess, manager).
• Required to carry trays and supplies. Assist in re-stocking and detail cleaning of all areas of the restaurant.
• Adhere to company uniform and personal hygiene standards.
• Adhere to company punctuality standards and arrive on time and ready to work for scheduled shifts.