Nevermore Culinary Development Chef
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Nevermore Culinary Development Chef manages projects within the culinary R&D team. Key responsibilities include proper documentation of menus, recipes, and systems. This position is responsible for collaborating in the creative process, from new menu and recipe development, to training the culinary team. This position requires a hands-on approach to cooking/working in kitchens.
• Leader within a team of recipe developers and testers to ensure our recipes deliver a first-class dining experience.
• Analyze recipe ratings/feedback to drive continuous improvement efforts around the customer food experience.
• Partner with the Sourcing team to identify new product development opportunities, and help inform the food products roadmap.
• Standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality across all concepts and locations.
• .Play a critical role in the continual improvement of our creative quality, thinking, and capabilities.
• Champion innovation across the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Experience with high quality/high volume BOH restaurant operations.
• Previous experience as a development Chef preferred.
• Experience working with high profile Chefs or consulting firms.
• Ability to think outside the box and push the envelope.
• Have a Yes attitude.
• Ability to manage people over multiple concepts and see the bigger picture.
• Knowledge of modern sanitary best practices.
• Able to cook as well as teach and coach.
• Ability to communicate well in a crowd setting as well as one-on-one.
• Innate ability to learn, desire to continue learning and teach team members.
• Organized office skills.