Nevermore Hosts & Hostesses
Host & Hostess Primary Job Responsibilities
• Create a welcoming first and last impression of the restaurant, greet and seat guests with high quality customer service and hospitality.
• Maintain an efficient waitlist through prompt seating and proper server rotation.
• Uphold high quality customer service and hospitality at all times.
• Always smile and acknowledge coming and going guests
• Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate and actively utilize problem solving skills to handle guest requests and needs.
• Maintain polite and professional demeanor at all times.
• Properly check in guests according to standards and procedures, maintain an organized wait list.
• Effective communication with the management and service team, ensuring all guests are properly greeted and taken care of in the restaurant.
• Perform restroom checks on a regular interval, ensuring they are properly stocked, clean, and sanitized.
• Assist with silverware set up, bussing and resetting tables as needed and when time is available. Ensure guests are sat at properly set up, clean, sanitized tables.
• Maintain cleanliness of lobby area floors, seats, and ledges. Ensure lobby windows and mirrors are clean throughout shift. Maintain clean menus throughout shift, frequently wiping down and sanitizing them in between guests.
• Maintain menu knowledge to engage with guests and answer questions regarding the menu.
• Work in tandem with Take Out Specialist to complete guests’ take out orders from start to finish with support on taking orders, ringing in the orders in the point of sale system, and bagging all ordered items ensuring the order is complete and correct.
• Strong multi-tasking skills with ability to handle pressure with a smile and sense of urgency.
• Perform all position responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
• Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative working atmosphere, which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
• Able to walk or stand for 6 – 8 hour shift.
• Able to reach, bend, stoop, and perform cleaning duties.
• Professional phone skills. Must be able to hear well with loud background noise in order to answer telephone and respond to guest requests.
• Adhere to company uniform and personal hygiene standards.
• Adhere to company punctuality standards and arrive on time and ready to work for scheduled shifts.