Nevermore Kitchen Supervisor
Summary of Responsibilities
Responsible for optimizing profits by controlling food cost and labor while increasing sales through food quality, speed of service, and portioned food preparation according to approved specifications, processes and methods. Supervises the execution of and oversees all kitchen operations, ensuring all standards of quality and service are met. Continually develops kitchen employees through training and follow up. Supervises scheduled shifts for appropriate coverage to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Upholds standards, product quality and cleanliness by managing all shift responsibilities for the kitchen.
• Manages kitchen staff and provides employees with feedback and takes appropriate actions.
• Controls food cost by properly ordering and receiving products.
• Approves all food product invoices and monitors vendor pricing.
• Ensures a safe working environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents through preventative maintenance of kitchen equipment.
• Make sure accident reports are completed immediately and the franchisee is notified after an accident or injury of a kitchen employee.
• Maintains high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage, and sanitation of food products to uphold food quality.
• Prepares and trains employees for new menu implementations.
• Implements updated recipes and monitors recipe adherence in the kitchen.
• Assists in interviewing and hiring BOH employees as directed.
• Oversees scheduling BOH employees to handle busy periods and seasonality.
• Conducts new employee orientation, training and ongoing staff development.
• Provides ongoing feedback to kitchen staff and follow up to ensure effective guidance.
• Counsels employees on behavior and standards.
• Has working knowledge of all kitchen equipment, including gas fired equipment pilot lights and refrigeration systems and vent hood filtration systems.
• Keeps fully informed of all significant issues and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
• Creates a positive working environment by modeling positive behavior.
• Meets all responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
• Maintains a working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative working atmosphere, which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required and requested.
• Minimum 2-years operations experience.
• Upon completion of training, must be proficient in all our kitchen positions.
• Must possess a valid State-approved sanitation and safety certification.
• Knowledge of PC to fulfill kitchen management functions.
• Prior knowledge and experience in purchasing.
• Proficient in communications, planning, and leadership.
• Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks, such as purchasing, receiving, and storing food products while maintaining required standards of operation in daily kitchen activities.
• Must make sound business decisions concerning labor, employee relations, staffing and training.
• Must be able to interview and determine suitability based on experience and qualifications of back of the house job applicants.
Influence on Costs and Sales
• Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs.
• Proper inspections of local food purveyors, use of correct products, minimize potential food waste and optimize food cost.
• Monitor and register any incoming invoices for cost reductions.
• Accurately project daily labor costs and controls.
• Plan regular repair and maintenance of kitchen equipment
• Must be capable of performing all hourly functions and meet all hourly qualification standards.
• Able to communicate clearly and respond promptly to needs of guests and employees.
• Handle disciplinary actions consistently.
• Ability to maintain calm demeanor in a fast paced, high intensity environment.
• Neatly dressed, well-groomed and proper management attire.
• Able to successfully resolve guest complaints and difficult employee relations.