Nevermore Prep Cooks
Prep Cook Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Assist in all kitchen operations, ensuring the restaurant and company standards of quality and service are met. Assist in preparing quality products through consistent execution of all prep lists for the cooking process and according to company standards. Maintain a safe, clean, and sanitized kitchen area.
• Prepare all prep lists according to set par levels and recipe requirements. Adhere to product sensitivity. Communicate items that are out of date and properly record and maintain waste log of items that are discarded and/or not up to Nevermore standards.
• Ensure that all prepared food meets the standard of excellence of Nevermore.
• Control and promote kitchen cleanliness by constantly “working clean.”
• Ensure a safe working environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents by maintaining an orderly work station.
• Notify manager promptly of any problems.
• Ensure food quality by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage, and sanitation of food products.
• Complete assigned work for stocking and setting up work station.
• Clean and sanitize on a routine basis.
• Ensure proper rotation of all products and stock products to determined pars. Label and date all perishable items to ensure freshness standards are met.
• Keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance. Take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative course of action which may be taken.
• Help create a positive working environment with positive actions. Discusses production priorities with manager and line cooks.
• Set up station and locate necessary utensils and equipment for food preparation.
• Keep updated on recipe changes and produces assigned items exactly according to recipes.
• Prepare items with the necessary measuring devices and scales to maintain consistency and control food cost.
• Perform all position responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
• Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative working atmosphere, which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
• Able to lift and carry cases, bus tubs, and trash bags of up to 70lbs throughout shift.
• Frequent bending and stooping.
• Walk or stand most of 6 – 8 hour shift.
• Able to perform cleaning duties as assigned and use designated mild cleaning solutions.
• Work frequently in a hot and damp environment as well as be in and out of coolers and freezers throughout the shift.
• Use of hands required 100% of time.
• Must be able to hear other personnel requests in the midst of loud background noise.
• Able to maintain a calm demeanor in a fast paced, high intensity environment and work with a strong sense of urgency.
• Adhere to company uniform and personal hygiene standards.
• Adhere to company punctuality standards and arrive on time and ready to work for scheduled shifts.