Nevermore Shift Supervisor
Shift Supervisor Primary Job Responsibilities
• Interact with Front of House and Back of House staff as well as guests to ensure exemplary service in an efficient manner while dining at Another Broken Egg Café.
• Uphold and maintain high quality customer service and hospitality at all times.
• Be an extension of the General Manager throughout the shift, driving the restaurant key performance indicators daily.
• Effectively coach the Front of House team to uphold service standards throughout the shift, ensuring guest satisfaction and server performance.
• Perform table touches throughout the dining room, building on going relationships with guests and members of the community.
• Effectively coach the Back of House team to uphold food safety and quality of products being made. Follow proper storage and handling of food and food deliveries.
• Follow Manager Timeline Checklists and complete line checks to ensure the smooth running of shifts.
• Problem solve guest issues that arise, ensuring guest satisfaction.
• Maintain facilities through assigning daily and/or weekly cleaning projects, ensuring a safe, clean, sanitary working environment for staff and guests.
• Follow up on tasks delegated by the General Manager as needed.
• Be proficient in various hourly positions to support the restaurant during volume as needed. Work in conjunction with other hourly individuals to support the restaurant’s overall operations.
• Responsibly complete cash handling for the restaurant throughout the shift and balance cash drawers. Complete end of day procedures and properly secure cash deposits for the store with appropriate checks and balances.
• Complete management functions at the Point of Sale to support Front of House functions and guest needs.
• Work in conjunction with General Manager to resolve any employee issues that arise; complete disciplinary actions in collaboration with General Manager as needed.
• Interview potential hourly candidates as needed based on maintaining restaurant staffing pars; collaborate with General Manager for follow up interviews.
• Monitor attendance, tardiness, and time off for hourly employees; ensure clear line of communication with General Manager on these items daily.
• Provide and/or oversee training of new employees and/or cross training of current employees to maximize restaurant efficiency while upholding the service standards expected of the restaurant.
• Adhere to company sanitation policies and procedures at all times.
• Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems, issues, or unusual matters of significance and take prompt corrective action.
• Complete cleaning tasks as assigned. Sweep, mop, and/or vacuum work area in the restaurant.
• Perform all position responsibilities and performance objectives in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
• Maintain a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative working atmosphere, which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, requested, or assigned.
• Must be dressed neatly and well-groomed in company approved uniform at all times. Maintain personal hygiene to company standards.
• Must be able to operation POS computer system, make change correctly, and make credit card transactions accurately.
• Must be able to carry trays to delivery plates, food, and drinks as well as clear tables, which may require lifting of up to 40lbs.
• Walk or stand most of 8 – 9 hour shift.
• Must be able to read menus and training materials.
• Able to reach, bend, stoop, and perform cleaning duties.
• Ability to maintain calm, focused demeanor in a fast paced, high intensity environment.
• Professional phone skills. Must be able to hear well with loud background noise in order to answer telephone and respond to guest requests.
• Must be able to calmly respond to unsatisfied guests and resolve any guest issues within the standards of the restaurant and to the guest’s satisfaction
• Able to lift and carry supplies and bus tubs of up to 50lbs up to 20 times per shift.
• Assist in restocking and detail cleaning of all aspects of the restaurant.
• Must be able to clearly communicate guests’ needs to other employees
• Adhere to company punctuality standards and arrive on time and ready to work for scheduled shifts.